- This event has passed.
State of Public Education & Privatization (Live on Facebook)
July 16, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join us for a conversation on the state of post-secondary education, government funding cuts and university austerity measures at Ryerson and other Ontario-based campuses. Within this conversation we hope to discuss issues arising from decades of under-funding, increasing costs to accessing post-secondary education, challenges to academic freedom and the influence that corporate donors have on post-secondary campuses.
- Erika Shaker, Director, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Ian Sakinofsky, President, Ryerson Faculty Association
- Alia Karim, Student activist at York University
- Facilitated by Nicole Brayiannis, Chairperson, Canadian Federation of Students
We will be streaming the conversation live through the CESAR Facebook: www.facebook.ca/ryecesar/live
Please note that you can watch a live video without having a facebook account.
The organizers strive to create accessible and inclusive events. Please contact email@example.com if you have any access needs or concerns.
- Continuing Education Students’ Association of Ryerson | www.mycesar.ca
- Ryerson Graduate Students’ Union | www.fb.com/RSUGrad
- Ryerson Faculty Association | www.rfanet.ca