Fall BURSARY is NOW open AND APPLICATIONS ARE BEING accepted. Please complete the application at the end of this page only after reading the bursary application process.
Any CESAX* member (a student enrolled in a Chang School course, a distance education student, continuing education or a part-time undergraduate degree student), who is in need of financial assistance can apply for a bursary up to $400 each term. Applicants can only receive the bursary once per academic year (September to August). The CESAX bursary is not a loan; you do not need to pay it back.
Please note that we have changed the form from previous years to have household revenue and expenses listed from six months to three months.
Bursaries will be processed via e-transfer. Please ensure that your e-mail is inputted correctly and that you do not list mycesax.ca e-mails as spam.
* The Continuing Education Students’ Association of X University (CESAX) was formerly referred to as Continuing Education Students’ Association of Ryerson (CESAR). To learn more about this change please visit www.mycesar.ca/xuniversity
The CESAX bursary is offered once every term (fall, winter, spring, and summer). The bursary dates for the 2021-22 academic year are:
Spring 2021 Bursary – CLOSED
Application will be online: Friday, April 30, 2021 at 12pm
Application Deadline: Friday, May 21, 2021 at 5pm
Summer 2021 Bursary – CLOSED
Application will be online: Friday, June 25, 2021 at 12pm
Application Deadline: Friday, July 16, 2021 at 5pm
Fall 2021 Bursary – OPEN (application at bottom of this page)
Application will be online: Friday, September 10, 2021 at 12pm
Application Deadline: Friday, October 8, 2021 at 5pm
Winter 2022 Bursary – NOT OPEN YET
Application will be online: Friday, January 14, 2022 at 12pm
Application Deadline: Friday, February 11, 2022 at 5pm
Spring 2022 Bursary – NOT OPEN YET
Application will be online: Friday, April 29, 2022 at 12pm
Application Deadline: Friday, May 27, 2022 at 5pm
Summer 2022 Bursary – NOT OPEN YET
Application will be online: Friday, June 17, 2022 at 12pm
Application Deadline: Friday, July 15, 2022 at 5pm
Applicants are informed of the decision on their bursary application within four weeks of the bursary deadline.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
Any CESAX member (a student enrolled in a Chang School course, a distance education student, continuing education or a part-time undergraduate degree student), who is in need of financial assistance can apply for a bursary up to $400 each term. The CESAX bursary is not a loan; you do not need to pay it back.
Here at CESAX, we believe that an individual’s financial status should not be a barrier to accessing post-secondary education, however, the demand for bursaries far exceeds CESAX’s ability to grant them.
In considering the bursary there are two main guiding factors:
- The financial needs of the applicant
- The systemic context of equity-seeking and marginalized groups
To make university accessible, CESAX continues to work closely with the Canadian Federation of Students to lobby the provincial and federal governments to fully fund public post-secondary education and reduce tuition fees for all students.
If you find yourself in an unexpected emergency situation and are in immediate financial need, CESAX offers an emergency grant program (apply online through this link). The form can be found on the CESAX website or can be picked up and dropped off at the CESAX office (X University Student Centre – SCC 301).
To be considered for a bursary, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a current member of CESAX in good standing. This means you must be enrolled in a continuing education course, a distance education course or a part-time degree program at X University (formerly Ryerson University) at the time of your application, and be in good academic standing.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need during their studies; documentation and/or other evidence may be requested.
Not all students are eligible to receive the CESAX bursary:
- Please ensure that your first and last name is only indicated where requested on the application form. Your application will be disqualified from a review by the Bursary Committee if your name appears under any other section of the application form.
- Students who have received a CESAX bursary in the same academic year are not eligible;
- Students who have already received a CESAX bursary three times are not eligible;
- Students who receive a Chang School bursary during the same academic term are not eligible; and
- Graduate students are not eligible.
- Applications are only accepted online.
- All sections of the application must be completed; CESAX is not responsible for any missing information.
- Upon submitting your application, you will receive a verification message on-screen, in addition to receiving an e-mail confirming receipt of your application. Please ensure you keep this e-mail for future reference.
- To protect the integrity and impartiality of the consideration process, CESAX is unable to respond to inquiries from students regarding their bursary application.
- The Bursary Committee reviews each application anonymously and makes a recommendation to the Board of Directors for approval. All decisions made by the Board are final; there is no appeal process.
- Priority will be given to part-time undergraduate degree, continuing education and distance education students.
- Recommendations are primarily based on demonstrated need, but the Committee also considers instances of systemic oppression (i.e. racism, poverty, disability, etc.) that have made a negative impact on applicants’ efforts to access post-secondary education.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org