CESAX is now accepting applications for a new Equity Grant. Applications open on February 1, 2022 and close March 1, 2022. Applications are on a first-come, first-serve basis. This grant was created as a means to provide hassle-free financial aid to equity-deserving communities. The CESAX Equity Grant is a one-time $250.00 non-repayable grant for equity-seeking groups listed below – for a total of 100 grants.
- Students with Disabilities Grant
- Two-Spirit & Queer Student Grant
- Former & Current International Student Grant
- Student Parent Grant
- Racialized Student Grant
The intention of this grant is to provide aid to equity-deserving students without invasive questioning or proof of hardship while also making financial aid readily accessible. CESAX Equity Grants are currently a pilot project that may return in the future. Applicants and recipients may receive a follow-up email about future opportunities to apply.
If you have any questions about the grant, email email@example.com.
To be considered for a Equity Grant, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a current member of CESAX in good standing. This means you must be enrolled in a continuing education course, a distance education course or a part-time degree program at X University (formerly Ryerson University) at the time of your application, and be in good academic standing.
- Members who are also members of the Ryerson Students’ Union (RSU) and X University Graduate Students’ Union (XGSU) are not eligible for the grant
- The applicant must be from at least one of the equity-seeking groups listed above
- Applicants should be in financial need. However, applications are reviewed on an honour-based system.
Students may click all equity-seeking groups that apply but will only be issued one grant. This is an additional grant to the CESAX Emergency Grant and CESAX Bursary, and applicants are still eligible to apply if they have received these other grants this year.
Applications are considered on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are a limited amount of grants available. This grant has been established to provide easy and non-intrusive access to a non-repayable grant. The selection process is based on an honour-based system. Applications will be reviewed by an application committee set up by the CESAX Board of Directors, all identifying information will be removed by full-time staff members ahead of review.